INTRODUCTION AND BACKGROUND OF DHDC ABBOTTABAD
DHDC Abbottabad started functioning in December 1993 under Family Health Project. Family Health Project (FHP) started on 12th of December 1993 under the funding of World Bank. The project ended on 31st December 1999. After the end of project, the DHDCs now working under Provincial Health Services Academy, Department of Health Govt. of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. Nomenclature and scales of some posts are changed and some posts are abolished altogether.
The aims and objectives of DHDC is:
- To plan, organise, undertake, co-ordinate, supervise and monitor all in-service and on-the-job training of health personnel especially in Primary Health Care, Public Health, Health System Research and Health Management.
- To arrange training and workshops for on-the-job personnel in those areas where they lack knowledge or where knowledge updating is required.
- To arrange training and workshops for all cadres of health personnel with regard to a variety of activities in health education.
- used as a venue for a variety of activities; for example, National Programme for Family Planning and Primary Health Care, WHO, UNICEF, Save The Children, TB Control Programme, AIDS Control Programme etc. NGOs like Abbottonian Medical Association, Sungi Foundation etc. are encouraged to carry out their activities at DHDC Abbottabad.
- Conducted Training workshops under regular budget and under the supervision of PHSA, Health Department Khyber Pakhtunkhwa for health personnel of the province.
- Training for health personnel in the division were organised under E.D.O’s (Health).
- Actively involved in supporting all health institutions like Nursing Schools, Public Health School and Paramedical Institute of Medical Technologies at District Abbottabad.
- Provided accommodation to medical relief teams from all over the country and abroad in the earth quack disaster of October 8, 2005.
- Cuban Medical Relief Team, comprising of 70 members, were accommodated in DHDC’s hostel from November 2005 to May 2006.
- 50 numbers of FJCT (Female Junior Clinical Technician) students of Crash Programme Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, accommodated in DHDC’s Hostel from 01-06-2009 to 31-05-2011.